Friday, June 19, 2009

Everybody's working through the weekend....


Well, not every one's working through the weekend, just the line I work on. I am usually off on Friday nights, and now I have to work tonight. Even worse, I have to go in two hours early...everyone wants to leave early. Even worse that that? Going in two hours early, makes me have to miss my son's first baseball tournament. Ugh. I am going to try to find the silver lining in all of this...

1. I still have a job. Many people are losing their jobs and I am working overtime.

2. Maybe now I can actually get caught up on bills.

3. My son has another game tomorrow.

So, what about you? Did you find a silver lining today? I'd love to hear about it!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny,
    I'm sorry you're having to work so much, but you are right, it's good to have a job. We have a busy weekend. A family wedding Saturday and then we're going to my mother's on Sunday. Not much time to be home and get things done. But I am trying to find the silver lining, too! It'll be good seeing family all weekend and I'm looking forward to that, even if I don't get anything done at home!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that stinks. But your right, in these times, you've got a job. Yesterday was my silver lining kinda day. Our basement flooded and mud everywhere. Water came in through the windows in that storm we had. But, the water did not touch my furnace, hot water tank or my washer and dryer, I suppose that could be my silver lining. I got most of it cleaned today, that's another silver lining. However, more rain to come tonight, zoiks!!
    Sending you a prayer and hug, I know it's hard to be a mom sometimes. The decisions we have to make are not always easy or pleasant. But they are for the best.

    ReplyDelete