Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our God is an Awesome God!




The Michael W. Smith tune "Our God is an awesome God" has been echoing through our home lately. My son learned it at Vacation Bible School and hasn't stopped singing it since!





I have to admit, I haven't been able to get it out of my head either. Usually when you get a song stuck in your head, it is one of those really annoying songs that you never want to hear again. Not this one...I could hear it every day and never tire of it. Why? Because of the possibilities it leads to. When I hear the chorus "Our God is an awesome God" it leads my mind to leave behind all stress and anxiety. It leads me to focus on why our God is truly an awesome God.



How did I get two parents who although they couldn't love each other, have unconditional love and devotion to me?
Our God is an awesome God

Why am I married to such a loving, caring and wonderful man?
Our God is an awesome God

How can one little boy bring a lifetime of joy with just his smile?
Our God is an awesome God

How did I find a friendship that I have been seeking for so many years, just down the road from my home?
Our God is an awesome God





Just open your eyes and your heart to Him and you will never run out of reasons to believe......

Our God is an awesome God who reigns from Heaven above with wisdom, strength and love , Our God is an awesome God............

Go ahead, sing it all day...I know we will!

3 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT song! I love it and I will be singing it all day, thanks.
    That young man of yours brings out the best in everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great song and sung for many years by our VBS children, too. Have a great day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know she considers you quite a Blessing as well.

    ReplyDelete